This course will teach the individual:
- The main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- The importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- The role and objectives of a door supervisor
- Powers of arrest relevant to a door supervisor
- How to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations and good practice to follow after conflict situations
- Physical intervention, the implication of its use and the use of non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others
Expectations and Goals
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a door supervisor. It is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications and is supported by Skills for Security, the standards setting body for the security industry and the SIA, which regulates the private security industry.
- The course will be delivered in PowerPoint format.
- Pens & note pad provided
This course is assessed by a multi-choice test and practical assessment.